Sunday, January 8, 2012

{A New Year for the Mr. and Mrs.}

2012!!!!

How crazy is it that is it already 2012?! Our adventure down in St. George ended on Friday night...then we drove home because Ty had work. We also were invited by our wonderful friends Jeff + Victoria to go ice skating, dinner and a movie up in Midway {little did Victoria know there were more plans made} We went ice skating in Midway...{my toes froze or I should say toe, just the left small toe went completely white! I was worried.} 
 cute husby.
 these are my feelings when I am ice skating. scared but loving life haha
 take notice Ty is trying to get in the pic :) haha

Fun times in Midway :)

Then we went to dinner at a yummy Mexican restaurant..I bet they hated us. Who goes out to eat at 8pm on New Years Ever?? Oh well. After dinner we headed to our "movie". Ty and I were decoys to make this wonderful event go down more smoothly :) Jeff planned a wonderful, sneaky proposal that we luckily got to be apart of. We went into the theater, sat down and let the commercials play. Then Ty acted like he had to go to the bathroom and I pretended we wanted treats/drinks. We left and the projector started playing a movie trailer....then slowly it faded into a slideshow pics of Jeff and Victoria. It was adorable. Then once the pictures and "poem" was gone from the screen he took her to the stage and danced with her. Then got down on one knee...and proposed :) I loved it. AND I got pics! I will only share a few. Then we let them enjoy their evening as an engaged couple.



 The cute excited couple :)


Then Ty and I headed to a New Years Eve party...

Ate. Played games. Talked.

Had the countdown...to the new year :)

It was an incredible way to start out a new year...the fun of being apart of our friend's getting engaged, bringing in the new year with friends and of course with the man I love.
I know this will be a great year full of lots of growing, learning and loving.
This is my quote for the new year:

“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.” -Charles Swindoll




Happy New Year from the Richards :)

No comments:

Post a Comment